about

My photo
Hi, I'm Ashley. I am an organized, slightly OCD fifth grade teacher and blog stalker. Even though most of my ideas are taken from someone else, I wanted to start a blog that is a compilation of these creations. There isn't one specific topic that this blog will cover, there will be teacher stuff, life happenings, and random thoughts... a hodgepodge of mumble jumble, if you will!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

procrastinators...

unite tomorrow!! Seriously, school takes over my life. It should be an episode on MTV's True Life. Mine would be entitled True Life: teacher has no life outside of school! I NEED AN INTERVENTION!! Or maybe a vacation... oh wait, I'm going on vacation TOMORROW!! Don't be jealous :) On the flip side though, I had to make sub plans and I HATE making them! What do you do for sub plans? Emergency sub plans? I need ideas. Help a sista out.

Since I've been a bad blogger due to my obsession with my job, I've decided to challenge myself. Next week (since I'll be on vaca the rest of this week) I'm going to try to post everyday. I would LOVE it if you would challenge yourself as well, because I love reading what you guys write! Here is how the schedule looks if you want to join in:

Monday... What is your favorite management tool?
Tuesday... How do you run your stations during guided reading?
Wednesday... What kind of word work activities do you use?
Thursday... What tools do you use for math small group instruction?
Friday... What do you get excited about while in the classroom? Is it a subject you teach? Activity your kids love? etc.

We shall see how that goes! Keep me in line people, make me do it!!

One last thing, you won't even believe it... my very tiny blog got an award!!! YAY!! I'm sooo excited! Lindsay from My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher. Her blog is FABULOUS!! Thank you so much :)

Which brings me to my last question: how do you make a button for your blog?? Please and thank you... have a great and restful weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, glad you saw the award. I forgot to go tell people/I didn't have time! I googled how to make a blog button and used a combo of a few websites to help me. It was a lot of trial and error. I wish I remembered the exact sites that helped the most. Good luck.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete