about

My photo
Hi, I'm Ashley. I am an organized, slightly OCD fifth grade teacher and blog stalker. Even though most of my ideas are taken from someone else, I wanted to start a blog that is a compilation of these creations. There isn't one specific topic that this blog will cover, there will be teacher stuff, life happenings, and random thoughts... a hodgepodge of mumble jumble, if you will!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 1, 2011

read canvas

My most favorite summer project has definitely been my read canvas. One of my very first pins on Pinterest was this picture:
It was so simple, yet I thought it made such a statement. So, I got a canvas and some Christmas lights and went to town on making this baby:

All I did was paint the word "read" onto the canvas in a gray color, then I took an ink pen and poked holes in it from the back. I stuck the Christmas lights in and hot glued them to make sure they would stay. Easy as pie!!

I can't wait to get this in my classroom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment